New Mexico State University System invites applications and nominations for the position of President at the New Mexico State University – Alamogordo campus (NMSU-A). Established in 1958, NMSU-A is a comprehensive two-year community college designated as a military friendly school and is one of four community colleges within the New Mexico State University system. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the mission of New Mexico State University Alamogordo is to provide quality learning opportunities for individuals in the diverse communities we serve. These communities include Alamogordo, Holloman Air Force Base, Tularosa, Cloudcroft, Mescalero, all of Otero County and the online community. With three academic divisions, NMSU-A awards Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Applied Associate of Science degrees as well as workforce certificates and hosts a bachelor’s completion degree in Nursing and Elementary Education.
We are seeking a visionary leader who will lead the College with innovations, collaborative partnerships, and collaborate within the university system. Reporting to the NMSU Chancellor, the President provides leadership and direction in all aspects of campus administration including; establishing collaborative campus leadership, strategic planning aligned with Vision 2020, developing positive community relationships, developing dual credit partnerships, supporting business development, fundraising, working with system administration, working with the local advisory board, and responding to requests from various state and local government entities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- A record of academic, technical, and/or allied health program administration in a community college setting.
- Knowledge of community outreach practices and K-12 collaborations.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of programs/services available to university students.
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact all facets of university policy and operations, including accreditation.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- An appropriate terminal degree
Candidates should provide a letter of interest, an Executive Summary of major accomplishments not to exceed 2 pages, a curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for five references.
Screening of applications will begin March 13, 2015.
NMSU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures.